Responsibility

Responsibility

Closed

Transparency

Transparency

Transparency at Closed is woven throughout sourcing and manufacturing, and is utilized as a tool to help shoppers make informed purchasing decisions. Closed publicly discloses information about its manufacturing facilities and suppliers at large, including the number of employees in each facility, relevant certifications, and date of last visit by the Closed team. More than 80% of Closed’s products are produced in Europe (Portugal, Italy, Morocco, Romania and Turkey) - which ensures the rights of workers are protected by EU labour legislation. The remaining 20% is produced in responsibly-operated and thoroughly assessed facilities in Asia (India and China). In addition, the brand discloses how much and what is produced in each facility, and maintains close relationships with its suppliers. Finally, Closed publishes a sustainability report every year which enables the company to be transparent about the social and environmental risks and opportunities they face, as well as giving visibility to the brand’s progress in its responsibility journey.

Emissions

Emissions

Closed is proactively working to reduce its carbon footprint and is currently working to create environmental efficiencies along its supply chain by using recycled materials, maintaining and scaling local production and giving preference to low-carbon logistics, as well as optimizing packaging and shipping. Closed also offsets carbon emissions. The brand’s headquarters and warehouse in Hamburg has been climate-neutral since 2018. Starting from Fall/Winter 2021, Closed’s entire A BETTER BLUE line will become climate-neutral.

Water Management

Water Management

Closed is proactively working to reduce its water footprint and is currently working to reduce water waste and prevent water pollution via its A BETTER BLUE denim line, which uses 50% less water and 65% less chemicals in its manufacturing process - powered by innovative dyeing and washing methods.

Materials

Materials

Closed gives preference to materials that create the lowest environmental impact possible while maintaining the highest quality standards across all its product lines. All of Closed’s fabric suppliers are subject to strict requirements on the use of chemical substances, which they agree to abide by through its Code of Conduct, signed on a bi-annual basis. To ensure compliance, the brand periodically sends fabric samples to an independent laboratory for pollutant testing.

Workers’ Rights

Workers’ Rights

80% of Closed’s production takes place in Europe, which ensures the rights of workers are protected by EU labour legislation. To ensure social compliance for the remaining 20% of production partners, Closed has a thorough vetting process in place and maintains close relationships with everyone involved. As of January 2021, Closed has joined the Fair Wear Foundation. The organization focuses on protecting the rights of workers in the most labor intensive parts of the fashion supply chain, namely: sewing, cutting and trimming processes. By joining the FWF community, Closed abides by Fair Fashion Fundamental Rights. In addition, all of Closed’s production partners are signatories of the brand’s Code of Conduct to guarantee statutory, fair wages, fixed working hours, safe and hygienic working conditions and no child labor.

Waste and Chemicals

Waste and Chemicals

Closed is committed to the reduction of waste generated from its operations. Therefore, the brand has a strict no disposal policy in place to ensure unsold items do not enter landfills due to stock or market reasons. Products are given a second chance at sales and outlets in the brand’s bi-annual factory sale. Alternatively, unsold items are donated to charities whose ethos align with Closed’s. In terms of reducing the amount of chemicals used at the production stage, Closed is making strides via its A BETTER BLUE line, which utilizes 65% less chemicals than regular methods.

Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare

Closed is committed to upholding the rights of animals throughout its supply chain and has made significant progress over the past few years to reflect this commitment in its manufacturing practices. Earlier this year (2021), the brand joined the Fur Free Retailer network by the animal organization Four Paws to cement its promise to never use fur - which they stopped in 2014. All logos for the A BETTER BLUE denim line are vegan (made of Jacron instead of leather). Closed also introduced the Approved Vegan seal by PETA to denote its products without any animal-origin components. In addition, all wool used by Closed is mulesing-free, and the cow and lambskin the brand uses are exclusively by-products of the food industry. Closed’s fabric and yarn suppliers ensure that animal fibers come from animal farms that comply with internationally valid production guidelines. Lastly, Closed is committed to not using angora or down.

Biodiversity and Forestry

Biodiversity and Forestry

We are still exploring how we can work with Closed to advance our shared goal of protecting endangered species and forests.

Ethos

Ethos

The team at Closed is proactive at promoting responsible consumption amongst shoppers and they do so across different stages of the customer journey. The brand has a strong focus on educating shoppers on the environmental impacts of the fashion industry and the importance of prioritizing better materials. Further, all of Closed’s products are made to last, which helps in limiting overconsumption.

Symbols to spot

Organic Materials

Made from materials raised or grown in compliance with organic agricultural standards – no pesticides, herbicides or other non-naturally occurring chemicals – set by Global Organic Textiles Standard (GOTS) and country-specific certifications.

Recycled Materials

Made from post-consumer waste, designed to be broken down after use, in line with Global Recycle Standards and country-specific certifications.

Socially Responsible Practices

Commitment to fair terms of trade and advancing the human rights of workers, in line with core ILO and UN Conventions and the Fairtrade Textile Standard.

Vegan

Contains no animal-derived fabrics such as animal leather, wool, silk and fur.

Responsible Animal Products

Upholds standards for basic animal welfare recommended by the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). For more Information please visit the animal welfare section of our responsibility page.

Saving Water

Protecting water sources and preventing water pollution along the supply chain.

Key Products

Dance Sweatshirt
  • S
  • M
  • L
  • XL
Closed
Dance Sweatshirt

$215.00

Hoodie with Logo Print
  • S
  • M
  • L
  • XL
Closed
Hoodie with Logo Print

$215.00

Organic Cotton Cardigan
  • S
  • M
  • L
  • XL
Closed
Organic Cotton Cardigan

$340.00

Italian Doubleface Overshirt
  • S
  • M
  • L
  • XL
Closed
Italian Doubleface Overshirt

$470.00

This site uses cookies to help improve your experience. By continuing to use this site you accept our cookie policy.
Accept
Shopping Bag

Your Cart is Empty.

Shop Now
View Shopping Cart